Information for Registered Participants in Tech Prep
Welcome to Tech Prep!
We are excited that you have decided to join the program for Summer 2018! Please continue to check your emails for more information about the program as we get closer to August.
Information for 2018 Tech Prep Participants is below:
Tech Prep 2018 Check-In Details
During Check-In, participants will...
- Submit the four (4) required Tech Prep 2018 Forms/Waivers (completed and signed prior to arrival).
- Double check contact and emergency contact information.
- Move into temporary Tech Prep housing (Residential Option Only).
- Pick up program materials.
- Smile for a picture :)
- Meet other first-year students and PLUS Leaders!
PLEASE NOTE: All participants must check in during the time periods listed below.
Check-In for Residential Option
Time: 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM on Sunday, August 5th
Location: East Community Housing Office (ECHO) located at 711 Techwood Dr NW Atlanta, GA 30332-0580. Please use the Campus Map to navigate around campus.
Student who have registered for the Residential Option will be moving into temporary Tech Prep housing on Sunday, August 5th to ensure that they are unpacked and settled before the activities begin first thing Monday morning!
Dinner (optional) will be provided Sunday evening for participants registered for the Residential Option. Breakfast will be provided Monday morning from 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM in the Tutoring Lounge (Clough 273).
Check-In for Non-Residential Option
Time: 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM on Monday, August 6th
Location: The Center for Academic Success Tutoring Lounge in Room 273 of G. Wayne Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons located at 266 Fourth Street, NW Atlanta, GA 30332. Please use the Campus Map to navigate around campus.
Breakfast will be provided Monday morning from 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM in the Tutoring Lounge (Clough 273).
Move-In & Parking
Once checked in, Residential Participants will be able to park near their residence hall to unload. Please do so in legal spaces only, not those marked as reserved, handicapped, or fire lane. Once unloaded, participants will need to move their vehicle to a nearby parking lot (directions will be provided).
Please Note: Participants (Residential and Non-Residential) may NOT keep their vehicle on campus beyond 8:00 PM on Sunday, August 5th without a valid GT Parking Permit http://pts.gatech.edu/.
Weekly Temporary Permit: $35
Semester Permit: $400
Annual Individual Permit: $795.
Need a BuzzCard?
We will be taking a trip to the BuzzCard Center on Monday, August 6 for participants who have yet to attend FASET and receive their BuzzCard.
What forms of ID are required to get a BuzzCard?
Because the BuzzCard is an official State of Georgia Identification Card, we require valid, legal forms of ID. The identification submitted must be one of the following:
- A state issued driver's license or identification card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military ID
- U.S. Department of State ID Card
- U.S. Territory ID Card
Foreign students must present one of the following:
- Foreign Passport
- I-551 Permanent Resident or Resident Alien
- Matricula Consular
Tech Prep Student Packing List
Please note that participants will be moving into temporary Tech Prep housing for the duration of the program. Please see below for suggested items to bring.
Personal items to bring:
- shower tote bucket, soap, toiletries, towels, washcloths, shower shoes
- extra-long twin bed sheet, blanket, pillow, pillow cases
- laundry bag, laundry detergent, clothes hangers
- phone, phone charger, headphones, laptop, laptop charger
- school/office supplies
- medicines, first aid kit
- closed toed shoes for the Invention Studio
- alcoholic beverages
- candles (lighted), fireworks, weapons, incense
- any appliance with an open or exposed heating element
- masking tape, nails, other products which damage or deface painted walls
- personal door locks
- traditional extension cords
- wireless access points
*Please see Housing's Website for more information about what to bring when moving into permanent room assignments.