Reboot For Academic Success
Reboot is an academic success program for students who are seeking to rise above their current academic performance. This is a voluntary, non-credit program that includes both a weekly seminar-style group session and opportunities to work individually with a Center for Academic Success staff. Participants gain valuable information that focuses on strength-based strategies designed to build confidence and improve academic performance.
Topics covered include:
- Growth Mindset—embracing academic challenges as an opportunity to learn and overcome a negative, fixed mindset
- Setting and achieving SMART academic goals
- Effective exam preparation strategies
- Building awareness of academic support and campus resources (including your instructors)
- Emotional and Positive Intelligence and the power of managing emotions to increase academic success